The Loyola Medicine 5K Supporting Pediatric Care & Research is being held at Brookfield Zoo on Sunday, June 4, 2017. 8400 31st St, Brookfield, IL 60513, this is the entrance to the North Gate, where free parking will be located. Please also enter the zoo through the North Gate. Race Day Registration, Gear Check, etc will be held at The Pavilions. Click here to view a map.
The 5K course leads runners & walkers of all ages and abilities around Brookfield Zoo's campus, winding past the lions and tigers taking you on a beautiful tour!
5K course closes at 9:30 a.m. (30 minute per mile pace)
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
7:00 a.m. - 7:55 a.m. Race Day Registration, Packet Pick Up & Gear Check
7:30 a.m. - 7:55 a.m. Honoring this year's hero, and 5k warm-ups in the Pavilion
8:00 a.m. 5K Run Start - Begins at 8 a.m. SHARP!
8:10 a.m. 5K Walk & Stroller Start
8:30 a.m. Post-race party begins featuring DJ
9:45 a.m. Awards Ceremony
In order for all to enjoy the course, there will be a staggered start for runners and walkers. Please listen to the race day announcer and follow starting line signage. If you choose to run or walk with a stroller, please line up at the back of the respective group. Please note pets, rollerblades and bicycles will not be allowed on the course.
RACE BIB NUMBERS
Race Bib Numbers MUST be worn and visible on the front (not on the back) of your shirt or shorts. Please do not affix the bib number to a hat or back of your clothing. Each 5K participant will receive an electronic chip to record your event time. NO CHIP, NO TIME!
Gear check will be available near Race Day Registration. Please leave any valuables at home or in your vehicle. We are not responsible for lost items.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING
Traffic control will be provided along the course; however, each runner must assume the risk and responsibility for his or her own health and safety. Parking will be available, free of charge, in the North Parking lot. See map here.
WATER & AID
Two water stations for the 5k will be located along the course, and will be equipped with water. An Aid/Medical Station will be located at the finish line.
Located along the course route, Brookfield Zoo bathrooms will be used. There are bathrooms near the North Gate Entrance as well as in the Discovery Center.
RESULTS & AWARDS
Complete race results will be posted within two days after the event. Please be patient.
The 5k awards ceremony will be held at the finish line at 9:45 a.m. Awards will be presented to the overall Male/Female 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Certificates will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers, male and female, in the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-13, 14-16, 17-20, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-70, 70+.
Once official results are posted, the awards can be picked up at the awards table. You do not need to stay for the awards ceremony to receive your award.
BROOKFIELD ZOO RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No pets or other animals may be brought to the zoo
2. For the protection of all animals, balloons are not allowed on Zoo property or in its facilities.
3. All guests shall remain in designated public areas and will remain outside of all guardrails.
4. Animals may not be fed, annoyed or provoked.
5. No bicycling, skateboarding, rollerblading or other similar activities are allowed in the Park.
6. No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the Park. Alcoholic Beverages provided by the Zoo must be consumed in designated areas and only by those entitled by applicable law.
7. No fires may be started in the Park.
8. All trash and garbage shall be placed in provided containers.
9. No vegetation may be picked, pruned or otherwise damaged.
10. No vehicles may be operated in the Park except in designated public parking areas.
11. Wading or swimming is permitted only in designated areas in the Park.
12. No loud sounds may be transmitted within the Park. The Zoo is its sole discretion may limit the use of and/or volume level of live or recorded music or other sounds in the Park.
13. Any children under the age of twelve (12) shall be accompanied by an adult while visitin the Park and its exhibits.
No Balloons, pets or other animals (service animals are allowed), plastic straws, glassware, confetti, sparklers, balloons, glitter, piñatas. Also, no decorations or streamers can be attached in the pavilions.
Participants are allowed to bring in food such as bagels for their team, but no fire or electrical equipement is allowed.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Advancement at (708) 216-3201 or email at email@example.com.